ARGA Investment Management, LP and its subsidiaries (“collectively ARGA”) are committed to protecting the privacy, security and confidentiality of your personal information and ensuring that such information is used for legitimate business purposes. This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect from you, how we use your information, with whom we share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of your information.
The Personal Information We Collect from You
Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable such as your name, address, phone number, social security or tax ID numbers or other government-issued identification numbers as well as information about your account and transactions that is not otherwise publicly available.
You are not required to provide us with any of the personal information we request from you. However, if you choose not to provide us with certain information, we may not be able to open or maintain your account or provide you with the services you have requested.
To help us maintain the accuracy of your personal information, please notify us of any changes as soon as possible.
How We Collect Personal Information from You
We collect your personal information in a number of ways including:
- Conversations we have with you to discuss your interest in the services and products we offer;
- Applications, subscription documents or other forms we obtain from you to determine whether you are eligible to invest through us;
- Your investments and transactions with us and our funds;
- Information we receive directly from you via our website or otherwise; and
- Other contacts and transactions you have had with us.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the personal information we obtain from you to comply with statutory, tax and regulatory obligations (such as anti-money laundering requirements, for example).
We also use the personal information we obtain from you to carry out our contractual obligations and pursue our legitimate business interests. These include, but are not limited to, providing and/or managing our products, services and client relationships; servicing your account, communicating with you and responding to your inquiries, sending you newsletters and other communications about our products or services and for other purposes required or authorized by law, including other purposes for which you have provided your consent.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not sell or share your personal information to any unaffiliated company, group or individual except to provide the products or services that you have requested or for the other purposes identified in this Privacy Notice, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- As necessary, to trusted partners, such as our subsidiary office, our service providers and, when applicable, other financial institutions or individuals with whom which may enter into joint marketing agreements, who work or will work on behalf of, or with, ARGA under confidentiality agreements;
- As required by regulatory authorities or law enforcement officials who have jurisdiction over ARGA; and
- As otherwise required by any applicable law and to the extent reasonably necessary to prevent fraud and unauthorized transactions.
We reserve the right to transfer your personal information in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
We maintain administrative, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal standards to protect personal information we obtain from you against unauthorized or unlawful use, disclosure, access, loss, destruction or damage.
How Long We Hold Your Personal Information
We will hold your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected and in order to comply with the legal and regulatory mandated data retention periods applicable to the various types of personal information we hold and/or as otherwise permitted by law.
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we obtain from you.
If you wish to no longer receive newsletters or other communications from us, or to submit a request regarding your personal information, please contact us in writing or by email at email@example.com. You may also opt out of receiving newsletters or other communications about or our products or services by following the opt out link provided in such email communications to you.
Additionally, to the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may, contact us in writing or by email as indicated below to :
- Request a copy of your personal information;
- Object to the use of your personal information and we will cease to use your personal information unless we can demonstrate legitimate reasons not to do so;
- Request that we restrict or erase your personal information though any such request is subject to the legal and regulatory mandated retention periods applicable to your personal information; and
- Exercise your right to data portability.
To help protect your privacy and maintain your security, we will take all reasonable steps to verify your identity before processing your request.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our privacy practices or to reflect new regulatory requirements.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or for any requests regarding your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also write to us at:
ARGA Investment Management, LP
Attn: Chief Compliance Officer
1010 Washington Blvd., 6th Fl.
Stamford, CT 06901
©2021 ARGA Investment Management, LP